|Project Title EN||Sector||Activity||Region||Objective||Tasks / achievements||End Date|
|‘Data Collection, Validation and Dissemination for the Enlargement and ENP Countries’||Statistics multi-sector||Statistics interpreting and presenting||Global||Preparation of articles for Eurostat’s “Statistics Explained” (SE), its public presentation portal. Activity covered EU ‘enlargement countries’, and ‘European neighbourhood policy’ South and East countries to present and explain selected data collected by these countries.||Proposal and preparation of new Statistics Explained articles covering a wide range of economic, social and environmental topics and the updating / revision of existing articles with new data.||Jun-21|
|‘Guide to statistics in European Commission development co-operation’||Agriculture and health statistics||Statistics interpreting and presenting||Global||The ‘Guide’ provides a published source of information and advice on development statistics for non-specialists, including on the links between data and policy preparation and monitoring.||Contributor on agriculture and health statistics.||Dec-20|
|Final Evaluation of “MEDSTAT IV”||Statistics Training||Evaluation||North Africa||To carry out a final evaluation of the MEDSTAT IV project and to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the stakeholders with: |
– An overall independent assessment of the past performance of the MEDSTAT IV Program, paying particular attention to its results measured against its objectives;
– Key lessons and recommendations in order to improve current (if relevant) and future actions. The evaluation findings and conclusions should be instrumental in deciding on the relevance and necessity of envisaging a MEDSTAT V project.
|Evaluated MEDSTAT IV actions; on site in Algeria, Morocco. Reported on entire MEDSTAT experience with recommendations for development of a follow-on project.||Nov-19|
|Strengthening Capacities for the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals’, Myanmar||Statistics multi-sector||Project development||East Asia||Review and assess the project design (module objectives and outputs) and the respective results hypotheses for field of activities 1 (Strengthening of CSO as a statistical service authority in the NSS) and 2 (establishing quality statistics in a priority sector) and develop recommendations for priority activities.||Prioritised statistics sectors for project development against multiple criteria in desk study.||Apr-19|
|‘Provision of short term expertise to the Hellenic Statistical Authority for project management and advice in statistical domains, including for public finance statistics’||Statistics multi-sector||Project management||European Union||‘To create an independent and reinforced National Statistical Authority (ELSTAT), with a re-established organisation’ and to align the Hellenic Statistical System fully with the European one.||Advised ELSTAT on management of support in selected statistical domains, including identifying and evaluating the needs for consultancy missions; drafting the Terms of Reference; estimating resources needed; defining deliverables; setting acceptance indicators; monitoring and supporting the detailed implementation of the statistical support programme.||Jan-19|
|‘Modernising the Informal Economy in Barbados’||Informal sector||Resource analysis||Caribbean||To assess the informal economy and the means through which the sector can be modernized,||Carried out a needs assessment of resource requirements and set up an inter-institutional programme oversight committee.||Jul-17|
|‘Development of Foreign Direct Investment Statistics Monitoring Tool’ for Southern Africa||Balance of payments||Training, Data analysis||Africa||Develop and present a Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) foreign direct investment monitoring tool (FDI) in order to provide information useful to policy analysts on the state of FDI in the SADC region, specifically including information on intra-regional FDI flows.||1. Collection of SADC Member State FDI metadata using the e-GDDS as a structure |
2. Definition of a data structure following IMF using the BPM6’s ‘acceptable practical alternative’ for the directional principle.Balance of Payments Manual, 6th edition (BPM6) and the OECD Benchmark Definition of Foreign Direct Investment, 4th Edition that allowed medium-term objectives for FDI statistics to be met. This was implemented using the BPM6’s ‘acceptable practical alternative’ for the directional principle.
3. Development of a spreadsheet data support to store SADC FDI data for analysis.
4. Current data input to the basic data support.
5. Analysis of data transmission from Member States to the FDI Monitoring Tool
6. Analysis of medium-term user needs for regional FDI statistics
7. Assessment of compilation tools and areas for improvement
8. Validation by workshop
|Support for the National Strategy for the Development of Statistics II||Statistics multi-sector||Strategy||East Africa||Development of a medium term statistics strategy||Reviewed and commented on draft strategy; contributed to development of strategy and its consistency with international methodologies.||May-15|